TETFAIR 4 - UNIVERSITIES
...translating ideas into innovation, solutions and enterprise
Call for Application
Closing Date - 5th November 2023
Calling on Lecturers, Technologists, Researchers and Innovators from Nigerian universities. If you have an idea you want to translate into Innovation, Solution and Enterprise, apply to TETFAIR now!
TETFAIR will provide participants with access to the facility, technology, machinery and expertise needed, in order to take their ideas/projects to the next level; including the development of functional prototypes/proof-of-concept, Minimum Viable Products, opportunities for funding and business development mentorship.
TETFund Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) is an initiative of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund, in collaboration with Innov8 Hub. It is a year-long programme for Academics, Researchers, Technologists and Innovators from Government Tertiary Institutions across Nigeria, who have ideas/projects they want to translate into innovation, solution and enterprise.
Participants can apply in Teams (1-3 persons per team). After rigorous evaluation by experts, Successful Teams would be selected based on the innovativeness, viability and tangibility of their ideas.
During the programme, participants will be taken through various courses that combine the intricacies, processes, and procedures of Innovation Development, Prototyping and Venture Creation.
The 12-month programme will run both in-person and virtually, designed and facilitated in collaboration with seasoned experts. Its content includes:
- Access to Innov8 Hub, Abuja – an ultramodern innovation and prototype development hub.
- Access to mentorship from innovation, prototype development, entrepreneurship, venture creation and industry experts.
- Practical training, integration, creative thinking, business modeling, patenting, product branding and advanced design methodology.
- Innovation pitching and showcasing to strategic partners, investors, financiers and stakeholders.
- Opportunity to translate ideas and research into innovation, solutions and enterprise.
- All-expense paid participation, especially in the innovation and prototype development bootcamp at Innov8 Hub, Abuja.
- Mentoring and capacity-building by seasoned experts.
- Access to an ultramodern innovation, fabrication, prototype development and start-up incubation hub, where participants will develop prototypes of their innovation, at no cost.
- Access to investors and investment opportunities.
- Access to, and interaction with industry experts.
- Patenting of innovation and invention.
- Participants will become Fellows of TETFAIR.
- Participants will become Associates of Innov8 Hub.
Agriculture and Food Technology
Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
Health & Accessibility
Information Communication Technology
Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
Streamlining / Improving Production Process
Criteria for Selection
This call for application is specifically for universities. If you are from a Polytechnic or a College of Education, please wait for us to publish a call for application addressing your kind of institution.
- You should be in a team of 1-3 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution) Your idea should be centred around one of our areas of focus. Your Vice Chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing this Endorsement Form
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from ideation, through development and fabrication of the prototype, to a market-driven product.
Ideally, a Team typically includes:
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional, complementary and relevant skills (technical, scientific, mechanical, medical or engineering, depending on your area of focus).
- A member with financial, business, and entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- The idea should be at the early stages of ideation and development, translatable into an innovation that includes a hardware/physical element (not only digital elements).
“So happy to be part of the 66 participants. As a team member of Team 18, I could say that I am not just an inventor but I am transitioning into an entrepreneur.”
Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE)
“The TETFAIR experience has been an awesome and amazing one. Before we came here, we didn’t know what to expect, but what my colleagues and I have learnt here is great.”
Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effur
“The experience here has opened my eyes to see where I need to improve on synergising problem solving and entrepreneurship into a research project in order to make it relevant to the nation. ”